Lush rolling hills, a flowing private river, this property ties together two cultures and almost two centuries of history. From this property sprang a village and community, still supported by both the commercial operations and involvement of the property owners. This is a land with many stories. It is deeply local. It is a land where you stop and breathe. This is Heartland Southland.
Destinations - Heartland Southland, New Zealand
Diving, surf kayaking, gardening, French-speaking world travellers and sixth-generation owners of their property, your hosts are so much more than breeders of top performing sheep.
With governance roles in both their local community and further abroad, as well as existing agri-tourism ventures, this community-centric family bring 200 years of stories. Stories of whanau (family) and clanship, meeting and growing over time. Stories of moving from and coming back to the whenua (land).
Warm and generous, the conversation here is personal. Here, you will truly live the real.
A taste of what you can do here
- Guided Brown Trout fishing.
- Private fishing access.
- Private Caitlins tours.
- Tailored English language classes.
- Immersion experiences – overnight with your hosts.
- Locally sourced and made food – tailored to the time of day and your requirements.
- Transport to and from your accommodation.
- Accommodation if required.
- Weather appropriate clothing will be provided as necessary. Please indicate sizing when booking.
Let us create an exclusive
experience for you